Tour of New ZealandFor live race updates and results please visit the Tour of NZ facebook page.
Tour 2015 was more than anyone expected. Three hundred riders (including 80 internationals) joined us on the start lines at Cape Reinga and Bluff. Their energy off the bike, amongst friends and colleagues, put $250,000 into the bank accounts of our charities and gave them a week of bike riding they will never forget.
Plans for 2017 have already been formulated. Entries will be open in due course for the dates Saturday 22nd to Saturday 29th April 2017.
- 60 Tour volunteers worked both courses
- 80 competitors flew into New Zealand to join 220 Kiwi riders
- 4 masseurs over one week, pummeled 2,500 legs back into race fit condition
- 2 Avanti bike mechanics serviced 300 bikes
- 320 plus spot prizes valued at $70,000 given away
- 56 page Tour handbook of maps and info published by Ricoh
- $250,000 raised by riders for the charities
- One rider won the $23,000 Honda Jazz lead car and donated it to TEAR Fund
- $10,000 raised at nightly auctions, including a signed road cone fetching $700
- 16 paintings capturing iconic scenes and moments by artist Pauline Gough
- $1,000,000 approx spent during race week in NZ by competitors/support crews
We really hope you can join us for the next Tour. In the meantime, please contact us anytime if you'd like to find out more.
Peter Yarrell and the Tour of NZ team
Watch the Tour of New Zealand video trailers: